Baked whole30 garlic herb turkey meatballs
How to make Baked whole30 garlic herb turkey meatballs
* 2 pounds ground dark meat turkey
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup finely diced onion
* 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
* 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
* 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 2 Tbs coconut flour (you may need to add a little more if you are using the plastic tube style ground turkey meat)
* 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
For the garlic herb ghee:
* 1/3 cup ghee or olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, chopped
* 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
* juice of 1/2 a lemon – about 1 tablespoon
* pinch of chili flakes (optional)
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
* black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy clean up.
Add all ingredients for meatballs to a large bowl and mix thoroughly to combine.
Grab a small bowl of water or olive oil and wet your hands. Form mixture into 12 even sized 1 1/2 inch meatballs and space evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
Spray or brush each one with avocado or olive oil.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
While meatballs are baking, gently warm ghee or olive oil, garlic, parley, lemon juice, chili flakes, sea salt, and black pepper in a small sauce pan over medium low heat until warm and garlic is aromatic.
Remove meatballs from the oven and drain extra fat from the pan with a spoon if necessary.
Drizzle with lemon garlic mixture and return to the oven to bake for 3-5 minutes more.
Serve and enjoy!