How to make Romesco pasta
For Romesco Sauce:
* 1 cup roasted red peppers
* 1 cup roasted almonds
* 1/4 cup fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons tomato paste
* 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1 clove garlic
* 1 teaspoon paprika
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
* 3/4 teaspoon salt – less if the almonds you’re using are salted
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 12 ounces gluten free pasta
* water to boil
* about 3/4 cup romesco sauce
* parmesan cheese or vegan parmesan (optional)
* fresh parsley
Start a large pot of salted water to boil for the pasta.
Make romesco sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender & process until mostly smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
Taste & add more salt if desired.
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining to thin the sauce if needed.
Drain pasta and toss with 3/4 cups worth of romesco sauce, thinning with a little pasta water as needed until sauce coats pasta evenly.
Season to taste with s&p, and serve topped with parm + fresh herbs!